McVeigh Law is a legal consultancy firm servicing the public, private and community sectors.
Legal education programs – If your organisation is engaging in work that involves an understanding of certain aspects of the law, we can design, develop and deliver tailored legal training programs suitable for staff, clients, management and the public.
Legal editing services – McVeigh Law can update your existing legal material or develop new resources for your organisation. We have experience in editing a range of content, from company newsletters to the Queensland Law Handbook.
Law reform activities – We provide legal expertise in relation to social justice and human rights issues and can prepare compelling submissions for your organisation.
Legal research services – McVeigh Law conducts research projects and prepares legal reports on behalf of organisations.
Examples of our work
- NDIS - We have experience helping organisations identify how their work aligns with the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Royal Commission – We have developed a best practice guide for non-legal advocates who are assisting survivors of child sexual abuse to engage with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Currently coordinating the campaign for a Human Rights Act for Queensland. The campaign has led to the current Human Rights Inquiry in Queensland.
- Chaired the launch of the campaign for a Human Rights Act for Queensland at Parliament House Queensland.
- Developed the content and interviewed experts for a short-film about Human Rights for the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland.
- Currently undertaking a research project about self-help kits that address areas of high legal need for Caxton Legal Centre.
- Developed and implemented ‘Disability Law Queensland’, a new legal service for people with disability and their families, for Mamre Association.
- Delivered community legal education throughout Queensland about succession planning for families who have children with disabilities for Pave the Way.
- Developed a series of factsheets for Caxton Legal Centre about Manufactured Homes and Retirement Villages.
- Drafted a submission to the Select Committee inquiry into Certain Aspects of the Queensland Government Administration related to Commonwealth Government Affairs for Peter Wellington MP.
- Planned, developed and produced a best practice guide for Micah Projects for the use of non-legal advocates assisting survivors of child sexual abuse to engage with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Drafted submissions about the civil justice system and redress schemes to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse for Micah Projects.
- Edited the Queensland Law Handbook for Caxton Legal Centre (currently editing an updated online version).
- Engaged as a consultant by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples to draft a report incorporating a gender perspective in extractive industries projects affecting indigenous peoples’ lands and resources.